Sticky Thai vegetable beef salad with sesame, soy and chilli dressing
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g/5˝oz rib-eye beef, cut into strips
1 garlic clove, chopped
85g/3oz mangetout, halved lengthways
85g/3oz baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
1 tbsp soy sauce
pinch chilli flakes
1 lime, juice only
2 tsp clear honey
2 tbsp sesame seeds
small handful fresh chives, chopped, to garnish
lime wedges, to garnish
1. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Rub the steak in one tablespoon of the olive oil, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and griddle for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside to keep warm.
2. Heat a wok with the remaining one tablespoon of olive oil, add the garlic and fry for one minute. Add the mangetout and baby corn to the wok and fry for a further one minute.
3. Add the soy sauce, chilli flakes, lime juice and honey to the wok and cook for one minute.
4. Stir in the sesame seeds to the vegetables.
5. To serve, spoon the stir fried vegetables onto a serving plate or bowl, top with the griddled steak and garnish with chives and lime wedges.