Steak & Parmesan-grilled Vegetables
2Beef T-bone steaks
-OR Porterhouse steaks
-(well-trimmed), 1" thick
1/4 cGrated Parmesan cheese
2 tb Olive oil
2 tb Red wine vinegar
2Red or yellow bell peppers
-- each cut into quarters
1 lg Red onion; cut crosswise
-- into 1/2" slices
1 tb Crushed garlic
2 ts Dried basil leaves
1 ts Pepper
Preparation time: 30 Minutes
1. In small bowl, combine seasoning ingredients; mix well. Remove 4
teaspoons seasoning; press into both sides of beef steaks.
2. Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning, mixing well;
3. Place steaks in center of grid over medium ash-covered coals;
arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks uncovered 14 to 16
minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
Grill peppers 12 to 15 minutes and onion 15 to 20 minutes or until
tender, turning once. Brush vegetables with reserved cheese mixture
during last 10 minutes of grilling.
4. Season steaks with salt, as desired. Remove bones; carve steaks
crosswise into thick slices. Serve with vegetables.
* COOKFDN brings you this recipe with permission from: * Texas Beef