Steak & Sausage Pudding
8 oz Self-raising flour
1 pn Salt
4 oz Suet
- finely shredded or chopped
1/4 pt Cold water (approximately)
1 lb Shin of beef
-- cut into 1-inch cubes
1 oz Flour
-- seasoned w/Salt & Pepper
8 oz Pork sausagemeat
2 md Onions
3 ts Marmite
1/4 pt -Hot water, plus
4 tb -Hot water
1. To make pastry, sift flour and salt into a bowl. Stir in suet and
mix to a fairly soft dough with cold water. Turn out on to a floured
surface. Knead lightly until smooth.
2. Roll out two-thirds of pastry into a round and use to line a
well-greased 2-pint pudding basin.
3. Coat beef with seasoned flour.Shape sausagemeat into small balls.
Slice onions and separate into rings.
4. Fill pastry-lined pudding basin with alternate layers of beef,
sausagemeat balls and onion rings.
5. Mix Marmite and water well together.Pour into pudding over meat
6. Moisten edges of pastry with water.Cover with lid, rolled from
rest of pastry.Press edges well together to seal.
7. Cover securely with greased greaseproof paper or aluminium foil.
Steam steadily for 3-1/2 hours.
8. If water in saucepan or steamer starts boiling away, replenish
with more boiling water.
STEAK AND KIDNEY PUDDING: Make in exactly the same way as the Steak
and Sausage Pudding but use 8 ounces chopped ox kidney instead of the