110g/4oz brown crabmeat
pinch of chilli flakes
1 free-range egg
1 free-range egg yolk
150ml/5fl oz double cream
For the hollandaise
2 free-range egg yolks
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
55g/2oz unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. To make the crab brûlée, mix the crabmeat, chilli, egg, egg yolk and cream in a bowl.
3. Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish and place in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, until just set and golden brown.
4. For the hollandaise, whisk the egg yolks in a bowl with the vinegar. Gradually whisk in the melted butter to create a thick mayonnaise-like consistency.
5. Pour the hollandaise over the crab brûlée and place under a grill on its highest setting until golden.
6. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.