110g/4oz plain flour
1 tsbp olive oil
water, to bind
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp tomato purée
½ aubergine, finely sliced
55g/2oz parmesan, grated
basil leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, olive oil and salt. Then gradually stir in enough water to make a smooth dough. If it is too sticky then add some more flour.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin disc.
4. Place the dough in a small ovenproof frying or crêpe pan and cook, to brown the bottom. Turn and cook the other side, allowing the top to puff up.
5. Spread the ketchup and tomato purée over the top of the dough, and top with the aubergine and parmesan. Place the pan in the oven, to bake, for 15 minutes.
6. Serve from the pan, and garnish with the basil.