Almond pancakes with ice cream and toffee sauce
For the almond pancakes
150g/5½oz self-raising flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 free-range egg
150ml/¼ pint milk
55g/2oz flaked almonds
oil, for frying
For the toffee sauce
55g/2oz soft brown sugar
150ml/¼ pint double cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
30g/1oz plain chocolate, chopped
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
1 banana, sliced
1. For the pancakes, place the flour, sugar, egg and milk into a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Stir in the flaked almonds.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Add a ladleful of batter to the pan and swirl to coat the base. Fry until golden-brown on both sides. Remove from the pan to a plate and keep warm while you make two more pancakes with the remaining batter.
3. For the toffee sauce, heat the butter and sugar together in a pan until melted. Add the cream and stir until smooth.
4. Add the vanilla extract and chocolate and melt together.
5. Place a pancake onto a plate and top with a scoop of ice cream and half the sliced banana.
6. Place another pancake on top, followed by another scoop of ice cream and the remaining sliced banana.
7. Top with the third pancake and drizzle over the toffee sauce. Serve immediately.