Pita Burgers With Cucumber-yogurt Sauce
1 lb Lean ground beef
1/2 cPlain low-fat yogurt
1/3 cChopped cucumber
2 ts Pepper-Herb Mix*, divided
1/4 ts Salt
2Pita pocket breads
-- halved and warmed
1 md Tomato
-- cut into 8 thin slices
2 tb Dried basil leaves
1 tb Lemon-pepper
1 tb Onion powder
1 1/2 ts Rubbed sage
Preparation time: 18 Minutes
1. Combine yogurt, cucumber, 1/2 teaspoon herb mix and salt in a small
2. Shape ground beef into four 1/2 inch thick patties. Sprinkle
remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons herb mix over both sides of patties.
Meanwhile heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes.
Place patties in skillet and cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
3. Season with salt, if desired.
4. To serve, place a burger in each pita half; add 2 tomato slices and
yogurt sauce as desired.
Serving suggestion: Fresh fruit
* COOKFDN brings you this recipe with permission from: * Texas Beef